- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 egg, large
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Using a whisk, stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Batter will be a bit lumpy.
- Preheat a fry pan over medium heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Or if you have a griddle that works best – I usually have my heat set at 350 degrees.
- Pout 1/3 cup of batter onto hot pan (or griddle). Cook until bubbles form on surface.
- Carefully flip the pancake over and cook other side until golden brown. This will only take about a 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with favorite pancake toppings.